Frequently Asked Questions
- Does a student need to have an official diagnosis to be considered for enrollment?
- Does Lawrence serve students with autism?
- Does Lawrence serve students who are gifted?
- Does Lawrence serve students with ADHD primarily hyperactive type?
- Does a student need academic remediation to attend Lawrence?
- What is the application process?
- Do you have deadlines for applying?
- Can anyone attend an Open House event?
- Is testing required for applicants?
- What is your teacher-to-student ratio?
- How are applicants evaluated?
- What can I expect during a parent visit?
- What can I expect during a student visit?
- Does Lawrence School accept state-funded scholarship programs?
Lower School Open House events are open to adults (no students, please). Upper School Open House events are open to adults and students. While these sessions are geared toward prospective families, community members and learning professionals are certainly welcome. However, we do ask that you RSVP by calling 440.526.0717 or emailing email@example.com. The more we know about the potential applicant prior to Open House, the better we can serve your needs.
Interested in attending an Open House? We have a number of events planned this year. Learn More
*Lawrence School cannot serve the needs of students for whom autism is a primary diagnosis.
- Do you offer a boarding program?
- What are the school hours?
- Does Lawrence School provide transportation?
- Does Lawrence School provide Lunch?
- Do students have recess or frequent breaks from classroom learning?
- Are there opportunities for students to participate in non-academic activities and events?
- Are there opportunities for parent involvement and interaction?
- Is there a dress code at Lawrence School?
- Does Lawrence School follow a traditional school calendar?
- How much homework can students expect? What are Lawrence School's homework expectations?
Lower School hours are 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students may arrive at school as early as 7:30 a.m. The Upper School hours are 8:30 a.m.-3:20 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students may arrive as early as 8 a.m. and must leave the campus by 4 p.m., if they are not involved in an after-school activity.
Extracurricular events and athletic practices typically run between 3:30-5 p.m., Tuesday through Friday (Monday afternoons and evenings are set aside for professional development). Athletic games/meets can run later into the evening or weekends, depending on the sport. For more details about our game times, please see: Athletics.
Yes, all of our Lower School students spend one period a day in a "special" – library and computer instruction, physical education, art or music. Additionally, Lower School students have the opportunity to participate in student council and various community-building events and activities.
In the Upper School, a wide range of extracurricular and athletic opportunities help match the interests of our diverse learners. Co-curricular options include a wide range of opportunities such as drama club, advanced art, musical theater, soccer, cross country, volleyball, basketball, baseball, video game club, yearbook, environmental club, student council, Spanish club, robotics, chess, bowling, and more.
Yes! We have a very robust and supportive Parents Pride organization, which shares support, friendship and community resources with each other.
There is a Parent Resource Room at the Lower School campus where parents can read books, meet other parents, enjoy a cup of coffee, or just relax and enjoy the quiet. Additionally, the Parents Pride organization assigns Parent Mentors to each new Lawrence family, and also offers several community education events throughout the year. They also organize class fundraisers and activities, and host the Annual Benefit Auction each spring.