Work at Lawrence
Thank you for your interest in employment at Lawrence School.
Lawrence School is an independent, state-chartered, coeducational day school for students with learning differences and attention deficits in grades K-12. We provide a full academic program including language arts, math, social studies, science, technology, world languages (Spanish and American Sign Language), physical education, music and art. Structured instruction in organization, study skills and social ability helps students succeed both in and out of the classroom.
Further, our teachers are a faculty of learners – working hard to understand the educational needs of each student in their class, as well as continually studying and assessing the inclusive science of learning.
Our mission is to teach students using diverse learning strategies, ignite their potential, and inspire academic, personal and social success.
- Network Technician and I.T. Support Specialist
- Tutor – Academic Center for Enrichment
- Substitute Teachers
Position Type: Full-time permanent position (12 months per year)
Location: Sagamore Hills, OH
Lawrence School seeks an individual with strong interpersonal skills to perform network technician duties, maintain hardware and software by completing repairs and maintenance or coordinating repairs through approved vendors, assist and support tech needs for staff and student computers, printers, copiers, projectors, phones, theater sound board, theater lights and other technology.
Lawrence School is a state-chartered, independent, coeducational day school for bright students with learning and attention differences in grades K -12. Lawrence School has two campus locations – Lower School in Broadview Heights and Upper School in Sagamore Hills – which serve 350 students from more than 80 communities in 11 counties throughout Northeast Ohio.The school is highly regarded within the region, enjoys strong support from its parent community, and is a pleasant, engaging place to work.
Technologyused for school programs and student learning includes: wireless, iPads, Chromebooks, PCs, internet, Smart Boards, theater sound board and lights, printers and other related items. Software includes Microsoft Office, Google Classroom, and many assistive technology applications.
Technology used for school administration includes: copiers, printers, telephone systems, cell phones, security cameras, iPads, PCs, internet, printers, LAN, projectors, sound equipment, theater lighting. Software includes Microsoft Office, Googledocs, and proprietary software programs for finance, registrar and advancement/fundraising.
1.Monitor and maintain LAN
2.Keep updated inventory of all school owned equipment
3.Maintain all I.T. based hardware for students and staff
4.Troubleshoot issues and work with other school-based technology staff to ensure that all hardware and software issues are swiftly resolved.
Education and experience requirements - required:
Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Microsoft server and desktop experience
Education and experience requirements - preferred:
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Windows Server 2016)
Wireless and LAN experience
Experience with I.T. based hardware and systems (e.g. phone system, PA system, security cameras)
Experience providing direct user / help-desk support
Experience with online services and software (e.g. Google apps)
- A positive “all-in” attitude to work toward achieving work goals and supporting the mission of the school.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively and efficiently with staff and students (grades 7-12).
- Demonstrated ability to provide direct user support for network, application and desktop related problem situations.
- Ability to work on all types of hardware and software and switch gears on “as needed” basis, with efficiency and follow-through.
Strong written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Determination to remain current with technology and to be proactive to assure that the school is on the leading edge of technology use to assist student education, to meet needs and to improve efficiency in operations.
- Attention to detail/accuracy, timely implementation and quality performance.
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Background check/fingerprinting required.
- Applicants are required to email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a list of three (3) professional references to:
Jim Bouplon: email@example.com
Application deadline: November 30, 2018.
Lawrence School welcomes students and employees of all races, colors, religions, nationalities, sexual orientations or ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities available at the school.
Part time (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday OR Thursdays, 3-7 p.m., OR Saturday, 9 to noon)
A. POSITION SUMMARY: Reports to the Director of the Academic Center for Enrichment. Possesses a deep understanding of instructional materials and methodologies and models best practices in literacy achievement, mathematics instruction and written expression curriculum. Tutor must be capable of designing learning plans for students using diagnostic data that they collect or that are submitted in educational plans and testing from outside sources.
B. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Implements evidence-based instruction for all tutorial sessions and uses diagnostic teaching methods for students with and without learning differences.
- Maintains and updates student records and teaching materials.
- Participates and collaborates with Director in parent meetings.
- Communicates with home and school.
C. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents Lawrence School at community and professional functions.
- Participates in professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
D. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in education.
- Proactive, with excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail/accuracy, timely implementation, and quality performance.
- Consistently demonstrates impeccable honesty, integrity, discretion and sound judgment in all interactions.
- Meets high professional standards of deportment and dress.
Interested applicants may email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.